Google

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sci Phi Show podcast features scholar on near death experiences

Here's Australian Jason Rennie's SciPhiShow interview with Christian scholar Gary Habermas on near-death experiences.

Also, here's Habermas's Web site, and here is his Veritas forum video, "Near Death Experiences as an Argument Against Naturalism."

I remember when my lead author Mario Beauregard first proposed that we cover near-death experiences in The Spiritual Brain. I was dead against the idea, fearing we would be swamped over our eyeballs with nut cases who claimed to channel the dead.

I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that near-death experiences are attracting considerable interest among reasonable folk these days, for the simple reason that so many people are resuscitated through modern emergency medicine techniques. And many have stories to tell, stories that result in changed lives.

Note: Rennie has also interviewed me on The Spiritual Brain.

Labels: